The very first ever Mom and Baby Expo organized by the Perinatal Association of the Philippines is happening this summer! The Mom And Baby Expo 2017 will be held on April 21-23 at the SM Megamall Megatrade Halls 2 and 3.
Mom And Baby Expo 2017
Who is Perinatal Association of the Philippines (PAP)?
Perinatal Association of the Philippines or PAP is a specialty society of the Philippines Medical Association that aims to to promote fetal and neonatal well-being, promote maternal welfare, promote science and art of perinatal medicine, promote research and training in perinatal medicine, maintain liaison with national and international organizations of professions, and provide expert advice pertaining to perinatal medicine.
Let’s make this simpler. AGAIN. AGAIN!
First, what is PERINATAL? It’s the period during pregnancy and 4 weeks after birth. Is it the same as prenatal? No, because prenatal is the period before birth, perinatal covers before and after birth. Simply, pernatal + postnatal= perinatal. Don’t take my words, I am not an expert on this field. I am just a researcher and that’s how I understand it based on my research.
Basically, the Perinatal Association of the Philippines consists of medical professionals that takes care of you while you are pregnant and your baby, as you give birth and up until your baby is 4 weeks old.
Basing on that description above, I guess the Perinatal Association of the Philippines is the perfect association to organize a Mom And Baby Expo.
Mom And Baby Expo 2017: What To Expect?
This is the very first Mom & Baby Expo by the PAP. So what can expectant moms, moms with infant, moms with toddler and even moms with bigger kids can expect?
- Series of talks and workshops about prenatal care, post natal care and even some tidbits on caring for bigger kids. And since this is organized by the expert in the health industry, expect a lot of learnings from this expo.
- Expo Bazaar which will consists of products for moms and babies needs.
- There will be food booths too.
- Showcase of all facets of perinatal healthcare such as products and services. Looking for maternity packages? The Mom & Baby Expo 2017 is the perfect place for you.
The 3 day event is made possible by the Perinatal Association of the Philippines with its trusted affiliates:
- Philippine Obstretical and Gynecology Society
- Philippine Pediatrics Society
- Philippine Society of Newborn Medicine
- Mother and Child Nurses Association of the Philippines
- Integrated Midwives Association of the Philippines