I am SAHM, stay at home mom for those who are not familiar with the acronyms. It means, I have no salary, I depend on the allowance that my husband gives. So when occasions such as Valentine’s Day, specially Father’s Day come, I am having a hard time thinking what to give to him. I don’t have that much money to spend, so I am always on the look out for cheap, practical and unique gift for my husband.
If you are like who is a SAHM and no budget for Father’s Day, here are 5 gift ideas to show your partner that you appreciate him as a father to your kids:
- Spa treatment at home! You know the works, massage, body scrub, facial scrub and mask, foot massage. Extra if you have manicure set, you can work on mani and pedi too.
- If you did managed to save a few pesos from your allowance, there’s a wide range of affordable and classy gifts available online. Some of my friends suggest a leather wallet but look for a brand that is not yet known. If your husband loves Whiskey, whiskey stones is the best way to impress him.
- Personalized mug sounds great if your husband loves drinking coffee. Even perfect if you can find a supplier that makes hidden message on mugs. It changes color or reveal message when it is hot. If he uses it everyday, he can be reminded everyday how much you love him and grateful for him.
- BBQ party at home. If it is something that appeals to you, invite your daddy friends and have a BBQ party at home. Party must be potluck!
- Intimate dinner. If your partner is the introvert kind, nothing beats an intimate dinner. Works best when all the kids are asleep. Wine is a must!
As for me, I’d go with number 5 and I am also thinking of number 3 since the husband is a coffee drinker. Checking out Gift Less Ordinary if they sell personalized mug with hidden message. And will be composing my message in a while.. which I think is the hardest of them all!
Advance Happy Father’s Day to your partner!