During my Tipid Talk for Ramada Manila’s Big Mommies’ Day Off, I mentioned a few ways to earn while at home. So I am making this article, Top 5 Online Jobs For Mommies, as a follow up to that talk.
Top 5 Online Jobs For Mommies
Honestly, I am just all about blogging. I had to ask a few of my friends about online jobs and also read a few articles about Top 5 Online Jobs For Mommies.
1. VA or virtual Assistant. The tasks you do as a virtual assistant usually includes making phone calls, emails, research and data entry. If you are highly skilled, you can also apply as specialized VA. Other task of a VA may also include social media management and event planning. Where to apply as VA? Check Upwork.com and Freelancer.com.
2. Costumer Service. If you came from the BPO industry, this is the perfect online job for you. Yes, it’s like working in a call center, only you are working at the comfort of your home. Where to apply? Check onlinejobs.ph
3. Article Writing. Probably one of the easiest online job for mom if you love writing. You can do this while breastfeeding, some people I know can write an article while riding an MRT! Where to apply? You can check Facebook groups for writers, most FB groups have job postings or websites like essays.ph
4. Social Media Manager. Although this job is sometimes included in VA tasks, it can also be a stand alone job. What does a social media manager do? You manage the social media sites of your clients. It’s not limited to Facebook page, IG can be included too. Sometimes it includes creating contents for their social media sites, sometimes answering pms alone is enough. Where to apply as social media manager? You can try checking jobstreet.com for job postings.
5. Online tutorial. Another great Online Job For Mommies is online tutorial. This can be a bit challenging because most online tutorial companies such as 51talk are very strict with their screening. I mention this last because this one requires the most amount of resources such as good specs laptop and stable internet connection.
When it comes to giving rates, each skills are different. There are online jobs that are priced per hour, some are priced per project, in terms of article writing, most jobs are priced per article.
What’s the best practice on pricing? It’s depends on your skills and your work ethics. How much is the lowest that you can accept a job? If you still have no idea, you can research first or ask people to help you out.