Being a stay at home for almost 15 years exposed me through a lot of problems, dilemma, and stress. Of course it’s all worth it but there are just time that you don’t really feel well. There are times when sadness kicks in and all you can think of is how you lost yourself for being a stay at home mom for so long. It happens to and I know it happens to you as well, so let me share with you my Feel Better Hacks, tried and tested!
5 Simple Things To Make You Feel Better
1. Pray. This is by far the most powerful make me feel better hack. No matter what your religion is, give yourself at least 5 minutes to talk to whom you believe is the most merciful being. Pray for mercy, ask for forgiveness, give thanks, and pray for strength.
I am born Catholic, reciting the Rosary really makes me feel better in a snap.
2. Take a bath. Take a longer than usual and warm bath. It helps if you have a hot shower. The sound of running water is very therapeutic and warm water is good for the circulation too. Deep condition your hair and use skin scrub. Cleaning your hair and body sometimes feels like stripping your self all the stress you feel. It really helps in keeping the mind calm and stress free.
3. Drink coffee or a cold drink. Drinking something more than just plain water keeps you refreshed. A really really cold water with a hint of mint can make you feel better in a snap. I buy my peppermint oil from Young Living.
4. Draw, Write, or Doodle. You don’t need a good bullpen to do this, grab the ballpen or pencil near you and start writing or doodling. I find drawing circles over and over again very therapeutic. And if you really really love writing, why don’t you start a blog? It really helps to get your thoughts out. It feels like you are talking to someone and not just yourself or your toddler. No idea how to start a blog? Here’s a very detailed guide: How To Start A Blog
5. Talk to someone. If there is no someone that you can talk to, talk to me on my FB page 🙂 I reply most of the times, specially if it is a mom needing help.
But if all else fails, diffuse an oil and sleep. A starter kit from Young Living already includes a diffuser and o10 kinds of oils. Let me know if you need help in buying, just send me a message on my Facebook Page: Mommy Blogger Pehpot