2 hours. 4 kids and one hilarious joke: Jose Rizal is not our national hero.. he is our National Doctor!
If a 2 hour traffic will always end up like this,well, I wouldn’t mind.. in reality, this only happens once in a while. Usually, the kids are already bickering at each other, complaining about the heat, about the need to go to the bathroom. And of course, we’re slowly losing our patience.
For a family with 4 kids (plus my nephew) being stuck in traffic is very stressful and I wish there is a way to know the traffic situation of the roads that we’re going. Well, my wish has been granted.. and I was really grateful to be invited in this event, the launching of TV5’s latest innovation:
Metro Manila Traffic Navigator, a project between TV5 and the Metro Manila Development Authority aims to give people the traffic situation which they can access in the internet which is updated every 5-15 minutes.
The traffic navigator can be found at http://mmdatraffic.interaksyon.com.
It covers main roads which include:
- EDSA: from Balintawak to Mall of Asia
- Quezon Avenue: Philcoa to Mayon
- España: Welcome Rotunda to Lerma
- C5: Libis Flyover to Market! Market!
- Roxas Blvd: Anda Circle to Coastal Road
- SLEX: Magallanes to Alabang Exit
- System View where in a map of the roads is presented with different line colors that represents the traffic situation.
- Line View shows the situation through description such as light traffic, moderate traffic or heavy traffic
- Google Map uses Google Maps to present the current traffic situation.
The media launch was held at Palawan Ballroom in Shangri Hotel, the event was hosted by Paolo Bediones and Cheri Mercado:
We had the chance to ask questions to the panel during the event forum:
This partnership will be very helpful to me and my kids. We know have an access of the traffic situation without having to call the MMDA. All we need is our cellphone and we can manipulate our way to my in laws.. faster and more convenient.