Have you ever been to a house and saw a small plant that kind of looks like a bamboo with a red ribbon tied on it? Or you might have seen one too while walking around the mall as you passed by a plant shop, especially if you have been to Baguio city. That small green plant with two or multiple stems wrapped with each other like a woven basket is a lucky bamboo. But what is a lucky bamboo anyway? And why it is important that we know about the Lucky Bamboo Stems Meaning?
Lucky Bamboo Stems Meaning photo from Halamanan sa Pasig
What is lucky bamboo? Is it bamboo?
Lucky Bamboo is an indoor plant that people believed that attracts good luck. People use it for good luck charm or part of their plant collection. Lucky bamboo is not really bamboo. The stalks just look like bamboo, but it is a “Dracaena Sanderiana.” The difference between them is that dracaena is a tropical water plant and is indoors because it can survive even if it doesn’t get direct sunlight while the regular bamboo grows high, but they are also considered as grass.
History of Lucky Bamboo
For over 4000 years, lucky bamboo has been one of the most famous lucky plants in Chinese heritage. It represents prosperity and is common during holidays, especially spiritual festivals.
Lucky Bamboo Stems Meaning
We see a lot of these plants, and they have different shapes and the number of stems per pot. But have you ever wonder why?
Below is the list of Lucky Bamboo Stems Meaning:
- Two stems are good luck for love and harmonious relationship.
- Three stalks are for an abundance of life, fortune, and joy.
- Five to six stalks symbolize opulence, and it’ll be a great gift for a family or a friend that is starting a business.
- Seven stalks are good for happiness, wealth, and good health.
- Eight shoots are good for motivation. It is a good present for a family or friend that is about to take an exam, needs to focus on studying or having difficulty at work, or lacking creativity with whatever project that needs to be done.
- There are also ten stalks that are a total package. Suppose you lack everything like love, wealth, happiness, good health, etc. Then maybe you should get the lucky bamboo with ten stalks.
- And wait, there is more! Twenty-one stalks are good for an abundance of wealth and good fortune.
Now you have the list of all the types of lucky bamboo, and you can finally look and buy the lucky bamboo type that is based on your luck needs!
Lucky bamboos can also attract different kinds of luck depends on which direction you put it in your household. Keep it in the East part of the house, and it’ll attract healthiness for the entire household. And if you keep it in the southeast part of the house, it will attract fortune and prosperity.
Taking care of lucky bamboos can be fun and will attract all good luck when kept in the right direction.