You love french toast? First time to hear about it? Wag kang mag alala, you are not alone. Is it a FRENCH food gaya ng french fries? They call it lost bread in Europe. Ito yung mga tinapay na wala ng buhay kaya binigyan ng panibagong kulay. Ano daw? Basically, yung tinapay na malapit na amagin, lalagyan ng gatas at itlog atsaka ipiprito. What’s the best French Toast recipe? MADAMI! But I am going to share just 3 🙂
Let’s start with the basic French Toast but we are going to use condensed milk instead of plain milk:
- a pack condensed milk (ito yung naka box na Alasaka ha)
- 3-4 pcs egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- isang kurot na asin (yung pino ha)
Mix all ingredients then soak the bread quickly. Yung mabilis pa sa sweldo mong hindi man lang uminit sa palad mo ha. Fry this and eat! Or pede mo i freezer pag ka prito mo then iinit sa oven. Kung naka score ka sa Gardenia ng buy 1 take 1 nila, ito ang gawin mo.
Ayaw na ng basic? Dito naman tayo sa sushal na French Tiast recipe from The Peach Kitchen, ang pinaka magaling kumuha ng food photos na food blogger.
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 4 slices bread, cut into 1-inch thick strips (I used the raisin loaf that’s shaped like a baguette bought at French Baker)
- 1 cup crushed Corn Flakes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Maple syrup, for dippings
How to cook Corn Flakes-Crusted French Toast Sticks:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Put crushed corn flakes in a plate for dredging.
- In a large bowl, whisk together, eggs, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Working one at a time, dip the bread strips into the egg mixture, then dredge in the crushed Corn Flakes, pressing to coat.
- Add the bread strips to the skillet, 3-4 at a time, and cook until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
O this one naman it includes BAKING!! Here’s a French Toast recipe from At Home With Mrs C.
- 5 cups torn up bread
- 2 cups whole milk
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- For The Topping
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×9″ glass baking pan with butter or cooking spray. Arrange the torn bread pieces in the pan.
- In a bowl, make a custard by whisking together the milk, eggs, sugars and vanilla.
- Pour custard over the bread, making sure that each piece is moistened. Refrigerate and allow to soak. You can actually prepare ahead up to this point and let the casserole soak overnight.
- Prepare The Topping
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Mash cold butter into the dry ingredients using a fork to form pebbles.
- Sprinkle the topping over the soaked bread.
- Bake Uncovered For
- 30-35 minutes if you want a soft and squishy consistency, 40-45 minutes if you want your French toast to be more firm.