With the many sandwich ideas I’ve already posted, who would’ve thought I haven’t yet made a classic hotdog sandwich. So for today’s episode of Sandwich ideas by Mommy Pehpot, here’s my take on the classic hotdog sandwich.
Classic Hotdog Sandwich Recipe
I can’t remember the brand of the bread I used for this, but it was wheat bread and I toasted it before making the sandwich. The hotdog brand I used was Purefoods, the cocktail size which I just split in half for a flatter sandwich structure – so, one sandwich used three hotdogs.
Classic Hotdog Sandwich Ingredients:
- 3 slices of toasted Wheat bread per sandwich
- cocktail size hotdogs (split in half, three per sandwich)
- grated cheese
- Honey mustard
There were no vegetables because we ran out, but I added pickles except for Marius’s, and then cheese. Of course, ketchup is a must with hotdog, plus more mayo, and honey mustard.
@mommypehpot Sa dami ng sandwich ideas na napost ko na, akalain mo na hindi pa pala ako nakagawa ng classic hotdog sandwich. So for today’s epsideo ng sandwich ideas by Mommy Pehpot, hre’s my take sa classic hotdog sandwich. #mommypehpot #modernparentingmommycommunity #sandwichesoftiktok #sandwichideas #sandwichestiktok #sandwichesrecipe #baonforkids #baonsaoffice ♬ Everyday songs with a warm and cute atmosphere(1383581) – Sumochi
Classic Hotdog Sandwich Recipe step by step:
- Cook the Hotdogs: Begin by cooking the Purefoods cocktail size hotdogs to your preference, either by grilling, frying, or boiling them.
- Split the Hotdogs: Once cooked, split each hotdog in half lengthwise. This will help them lay flat in the sandwich and allow for even distribution of flavors.
- Prepare the Bread: Lay out three slices of bread for each sandwich.
- Apply Mayonnaise: Using a squeeze bottle, apply mayonnaise evenly on all three slices of bread.
- Assemble the First Layer: Place the halved hotdogs on the first slice of bread. Drizzle ketchup on top of the hotdogs.
- Assemble the Second Layer: On the second slice of bread, lay the pickles. This adds a crunchy texture and a tangy flavor to the sandwich.
- Assemble the Third Layer: On the third slice of bread, sprinkle grated cheese. This cheese can be of your choice, replacing the previously mentioned Eden cheese.
- Add More Mayo and Honey Mustard: Add another layer of mayonnaise over the hotdogs and then drizzle honey mustard over the cheese on the third slice of bread.
- Complete the Sandwich: Carefully stack the three prepared slices of bread to form a layered sandwich.
- Serve or Pack: Serve your sandwich right away to enjoy its fresh taste and textures. However, if you’re preparing it as “baon” (a packed meal), wrap your sandwich in wax paper to keep it fresh and easy to transport.
This method offers a delightful twist to the classic hotdog sandwich, with distinct layers of flavors and textures, making it a satisfying meal or snack.
So here’s the info on brands I used for my Classic Hotdog Sandwich Recipe
- Cheese: Eden cheese.
- Pickles: Vlasic Pickles.
- Honey Mustard: French’s Honey Mustard.
- Mayonnaise: Hellman’s.
I picked up the Vlasic Pickles from Landers, and I’m pretty sure I got both the French’s Honey Mustard and the Hellman’s Mayonnaise from S&R.