Writing a product review is easy di ba? But how do you know if your post is effective or if it really made an impact to your readers? Is your review influential enough? Chos! How To Write An Effective Product Review? I asked myself about this more than a hundred times. I never really got the answer until I started reading product review posts. That’s how I learned how to create a product review that is moving and interesting.
Let’s just be clear OK? When I say effective, it means it made an impact to the reader. It doesn’t need to be convincing, it should make you readers think and consider. That’s how I mean by effective. I believe that a product review should cover 5 basic talking points for it to be very effective.
How To Write An Effective Product Review: 5 Talking Points
- Information about the product which includes the price, where you got it and where your readers can buy it. Also include the demography of the product. Is it for female only? Age restrictions? Health restrictions?
- How to use the product. If you can include a video, the better.
- What you love the product. Mention at least 3 things you like about the product.
- What you do not like about the product/ area that needs improvement.
- Your recommendation? Would you buy it again? Is it worth your money? Would you recommend your readers to buy it?
Aside from the 5 talking points, never post your product review without a photo. It should not be blurry. Use as much lighting as you can. Take a photo of the product outside or create a DIY photo box for products.
Lastly, you need to be really honest with your review. Do not sugarcoat it, readers can tell if you’re lying. And it is always wise to disclose if the product review post is sponsored or not.