A good bed and a good pair of shoes are vital, because you are either in one or the other. You might have heard about this proverbs before. This makes sense. Most of us tend to splurge on gadgets, video games, and other stuff that bring us pleasure but do not spend much on a comfortable bed or a decent pair of shoes.
Today we will put more emphasis on beds. Sleeping on a bad mattress comes with loads of health side effects. Aside from back pain and joint soreness, sleeping on a bad mattress has been linked to a weak immune system, lung and throat irritation, premature aging, and reduced libido. All of these can happen when your mattress is preventing you from getting quality sleep every night.
The solution is to invest in a quality mattress. What’s a quality mattress, you ask? Here are five things to look for when buying a new mattress.
- The mattress should provide overall comfort while you sleep. In order for your shoulder and hips to sink in slightly, it matters that the mattress is not too firm and not too soft. Since we are talking about comfort, let me share with you this latest discovery. I recently found a mattress that uses a Hyper-Elastic Polymer as their material. The result is a super-soft comfortable feel while providing the much-needed support for your back. Check out this great review by Trish at SleepDelivered.com for more details about this bed!
- It has sufficient back support. Don’t go for beds that have too much sinkage because they reduce back support. On the other side, avoid mattresses that do not have sinkage at all because they have the tendency to create pressure points, a bad thing for your shoulder and hips.
- It should not be prone to permanent indentation. Memory foam is meant to adjust to body heat but it also tends to hold heat which is not a good thing at all. Besides that, they are also susceptible to permanent notches.
- It has a strong edge support. By definition, edge support refers to the encasement around the frame that spring mattresses require to support the springs. Your bed has the tendency to collapse all of a sudden if it has poor edge support.
- It is durable enough to last for years. On average, a mattress lifespan should be at least eight years. Never settle for lower priced mattresses because more often than not, they are made up of synthetic foams that may cause you to suffer more back pain.
Sleep wellness is a cornerstone of health. We spend as much as one-third of our life sleeping that is why it only matters that we put more consideration into finding the best mattress. A bed is an investment but that does not mean that a great night of sleep has to be very expensive. Take note that you can score high-quality mattresses at a budget-friendly price tag. Just avoid mattresses that have bargain prices because they are usually made up of inferior materials.