In a span of one week, 3 times ako nag may I sugod sa Quiapo..
- 1st sugod to buy ate’s wedding ring and to get my camera from Mayer’s (pinalinis ko kase last February).
- 2nd sugod, binalikan ko ang camera kase hindi pa daw gawa.. waah 3 months un! and at the same time, nagpagawa na din ako ng salamin..
- 3rd sugod, binalikan ko ung pinagawa kong salamin kase hindi natapos nung 2nd trip ko.
And during those 3 may I sugod eksena, I realized, FINALLY! that I really hate going to Quiapo! Here are the 7 reasons why I hate going to Quiapo.. (makikiuso lang ala viral nova LOL)
1. New Sin Kian Heng. Is there any other place that offers Kitchen Aide Artisan Mixer 4.8 L for as low as 18,000 PhP? Wala na! And other than that, New Sin Kian Heng is home to many cooking wares you suddenly realized you need! I will never set foot on this store again..err not unless I have at least 20K PhP to spend freely woohooo!
2. Killion. If New Sin Kian Heng is cooking and baking wares heaven, Killion is cooking and baking ingredients heaven! 1 Kilo of flour is only 50PhP! The last time I was there, wala naman talaga ako balak bilhin eh, pero bumili pa din ako ng worth 1000PhP goodies..san ko gagamitin iyon? Mayroon talagang centralized hypnotism na nangyayari sa Quiapo eh.. para lahat ng tao dun mamili lang ng mamili!
3. Excelente Ham. Overheard from a buyer at Excelente: “sabi ko sa inyo pag punta natin dito, iwasan natin ang Excelente.. tukso dito eh”
Indeed! I end up buying 1 kilo of scraps, 1 kilo of ham and 1 kilo tapa! For Excelente Ham prices, check out the photo above.
4. Gold. I would like to think that this area is still part of Quiapo, after all, kaunting kembot lang ito from Quiapo church. This is Binondo na ba? Anyways, this is the side of Sta Cruz church. Forgot to ask how much a gram of gold is.. but we got my sister’s wedding ring for 1200 PhP (not the sangla able kind but it’s really nice..not cheap looking). Most of Sati’s earrings are from that area.. these kinds of earrings are usually sold at 500 PHP each (buy one take one, so that’s 250 PhP each) but don’t be fooled by that, you can buy earrings for as low as 150 each. Tumawad ka lang ng tumawad, bibigay din yan.. pag ayaw pumayag, lipat ka sa ibang tindahan 🙂
5. Cheap eyeglasses. Can you guess how much the eyeglasses on the photo is?*
Quiapo is home to cheap eyeglasses (doon ang gawaan ng mga lens at wholesale price ang frames)! So if you have an eye problem, I suggest not to go here, you’ll end up buying 2 pairs! And it won’t even cost the same as the one you got from your optical shop at the mall.
But if you still want to try, here’s how the sop in eyeglasses shopping
- Look for a lens maker and ask where to find the cheapest frame
- Cheapest means frame for as low as 175 PhP!
- Lens maker will accompany you to an optical shop (you need to pay 100 PhP) for your eye grade
- Choose your lens! (Multi coated processed lens>> ung sobrang taas na ng grado is 700 PhP.. isipin mo na lang kung gaano yan kamura kung mas mababa ang grado)
Where to buy the cheapest frame? Direction and location here
6. Where to eat? Binondo, which is a stone away (or a pedicab away, for motorized pedicab> 70 per ride, 50 for padyaks) from Quiapo is home to many many many authentic Chinese restaurants.. eherm hahaha
So where to eat? Wai Ying? Quick Snack, Estero, Shin Tai Shang, President’s Grand Palace? saan paaaaa?!?
But don’t forget to try cold milk tea ha 🙂
7. Last on my list.. PASALUBONG!! Hopia? where to buy the best Hopia? Sawa na sa Eng Bee Tin? Try Ho-Land Hopia or the Chinese Hopia on the photo above. Darling Biscuits is hopia with kundol as fillings.. hang sarap!!!!!!
How about fried siopao? frozen wanton, frozen siomai? or how about Lord’s Stow egg tart? Haven’t tried? Huwag mo ng subukan, nakaadik!
BUT!!! even with those hate and the 7 reasons.. pupunta pa din ako ng Quiapo!!! I can’t help it eh hahaha but this time I’ll make sure na may milyones ako sa bulsa LOL hahaha
Meron pa pala! Where to buy cheap kiddie bike in the Philippines? Sa Quiapo pa din!