I don’t really believe in aswang, kase hello, scientifically impossible sila..
Uhmmm not until I got pregnant with Baby (babies) #5. Tatlo na aswang chronicles ko 🙁 though I never really encountered the typical aswang portrayed on most movies and tv shows, my experiences led me to believe that there really are creatures that enjoy torturing pregnant women.
My Aswang Experiences
1st aswang experience:
It was during my 1st trimester.. maybe between 8-10 weeks. I had an eerie feeling that there is something wrong. That was late at night.. somewhere between 11 PM to 2 AM. The dogs are barking.. not, they’re howling. The kind of howl that seems like they’re chasing something. The howls went on, circling our street and the street parallel to us. Parang umiikot kung ano man ung nakikita nila or tinatahulan nila. It happened twice that night.
2nd aswang experience:
If not for my helper who comes from Roxas, I wouldn’t know all about aswang and how to fend them off.
It happened before a few days before Christmas. Around 10 in the evening, my helper noticed a big dog circling the house. I checked on it on the door and as I move from our back door to the front door, the dog followed me. Parang masyadong maamo ung aso, I even asked my mother kung pinakain ba nya kase parang syang nag aantay na pakainin sya or something to that effect. As in nakatanghod sya sa akin and waiting for something. Usually pag tinaboy mo ang aso, natatakot tapos umaalis na, that one was different. Kakaiba talaga sya and it’s circling the house following me.
Binato ng asin ng helper ko and that’s the only time it left. After the incident my helper said I should be more careful specially after 6 PM. Aswang daw yung aso. She even gave me tips on how to fend of those kind of creatures.
3rd aswang experience:
This happened just this morning. Pagkahatid namin sa mga bata, sa may gate ng bahay may nakaabang na aso. It’s not the same as the one from my 2nd experience but the look in their eyes are the same. Ganun din, sinusundan sundan nya ako.. but this time, hindi sya makapasok sa loob ng bakuran, punong puno kase ng bawang lahat ng bintana namin eh.
It was scary but I always pray to Mama Mary to guide and protect me so I know I’m safe. Even so, there is no harm in practicing some beliefs to fend of this kind of creature.
These are according to my friend (who’s family is from Visayas) and my helper who is from Roxas/ Capiz boundary.
- Hide your pregnancy scent. According to my helper, aswangs love the scent of a pregnant women (specially first trim and last trim and babies below one month old).Hide that scent from them by rubbing calamansi extract on your stomach.
- Hide your pregnancy from them by wearing black underneath. Wear black panty or black camisole.
- Always have garlic on your bag when you go out.
- Put garlic around your house, specially on the window.
- Put rock salt (not iodized salt) around your house.
Here are some other ways to fend off aswang according to my FB friends:
- Aside from bawang at asin, keep something sharp and pointed by your bed side (-Annalyn)
- Pag may tiktik, minumura ng Tatay ko para umalis bukod sa may asin din sa bintana si Ate. (-Tetcha)
- May asin saka walis tambo ako sa bintana namin. Di ko inaalis, nandun pa din til now. Nung buntis ako may bawang ako lgi sa waist nakatali. (-Kath)
- If alam nyo yung tanim na san jose, nabibili sa may Quiapo. Pwede nyio ilagay may bintana nyo (-Grace)
- Wear black panty up to your waist to cover your belly button. (-Angie)
- Aside sa asin and bawang dapat daw ung attitude mo is mas matapang ka and di ka takot sa aswang/tiktik. (-Audz)
Naranasan nyo na ba aswangin? Heard the famous story of aswangs? Yep the one portrayed by Manilyn Reynes, my helper said it’s a true to life story. Even before the movie came out, my helper already knew about it since it is one of the oldest aswang story in Capiz. Do you believe in asawang?!?