As you all know, I stay away from plastic as much as possible, not the person plastic OK.. plastic as in plastic bags and the likes. So when it comes to birthday parties, I always use brown paper bag for the loot bags instead of plastic bags.
Last January 20 was my nephew’s birthday but her mom forgot to buy brown paper bag (for the freebies) the day before his birthday. We were left with PR materials and some creativity to make paper bags for the birthday party. This is what we got after an hour of paper crafting:
Here’s a step by step guide on making Paper bags perfect for Birthday Party Loots
- scratch paper (other side must be clean)
- transparent tape
- Take two papers and tape it on the cleaner side.
- Tape the other end of the paper together.
- Fold about an inch on the other end.
- Open the fold and press it until the two sides forms a triangle. Fold the paper end about half an inch, do it again on the other paper end.
- That’s how it should look.
- Tape the part where the two paper ends meet. Start doodling using your crayons and create crazy patterns then put your hands inside the opening to form a paper bag like the one below:
And voila, you got an artsy craftsy paper bag perfect for your birthday party loot bag. You can go crazy on the patterns. You can also put a tag on the paper bag with a Thank You note from the birthday celebrant.