Allow me to humiliate myself….
Now, let me justify.. the first photo, that’s 4 kids, 5 hours a day on the PC (lunch included), there’s frappe in there, and can you see the nutella? or how about the doughnuts and cups of rice? not to mention ZERO exercise. Wag nyo na ako kutusan, I already did that more than once. Yes I acted like as if I don’t care about my health and my body. When I was diagnosed with Kidney Stones, that was my wake up call. I became more conscious with my health and the food I eat. That was also the time that I started moving and exercising. So when I was invited to join a one month weight loss challenge I did not hesitate. See the result? (obvious naman di ba)
Let me make it clear ha, the challenge, I learned was not about loosing weight but more on getting fitter (and losing weight was one of the benefits). And as you can see, my tummy’s reaping the reward 🙂 Aside from the big change on my bulge, I also feel a lot stronger (note: hindi na ako hinihingal magpanhik panoog sa mga overpass sa Makati! woot!) and my resistance is better too, not to mention that I got a lot compliments on how young I look nowadays (teehee).
Say hello to MetaFit.. old time readers are familiar with this by now.. been blogging about it every week. This week is the final week for the challenge, hence I posted my photo. Here’s a short summary (short lang promise) on how I achieved a smaller tummy (without going under the knife hehe):
Of course I do Metafit every day (or almost, I think I missed one or 3) and with the help of Immuvit, I was never out of energy. Immuvit is a herbal dietary supplement that contains 2 kinds of ginseng that gives energy boost.
Aside from MetaFit and taking Immuvit, here are some other things that helped me:
- No colored drinks (coffee, milk tea, juie, etc) as mush as possible, stick with water. It was hard, specially the first week, then I learned that cold turkey is not my game, so I allow myself to have a taste of drinks from time to time. And if I do, I make sure that I do MetaFit more than once.
- I also avoided sweets and count my calories intake, I limit it to 1200-1500 calories a day. Yes I spent some hours researching about calories.
- I also sleep earlier and drink more water.
Lastly, a tip from Coach Jim: if you feel like MetaFit is easy, then you’re doing it wrong. It should feel like the longest 4 minutes of your life.. ung tipong minumura mo na ung 4 minutes, bakit ang tagal tagal?!?
You might wonder why only 4 minutes? and no warm? no cool down? MetaFit is a short high-intensity cardiovascular exercise that was designed to reverse Somatopause. This is a health condition where our body’s production of growth hormones decreases. Short, high intensity work out is a way to reverse somatopause as during the work out, when oxygen debt has been reached, it triggers growth hormone release. Oxygen debt is the time when you are almost out of breathe, your body answers by trying to replenish oxygen through raising heart rate.
The one month Immuvit MetaFit challenge involves doing different kinds of exercise every week, two alternate exercises on the first week and on the fourth week, it is an alternate of the exercises from the past week.. Here’s a short summary:
Week 1: (alternate Set a and set b for week one: read my Immuvit MetaFit Week 1 experience here)
- Set A exercise: 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, 10 push ups, 10 lunges (both legs)…10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, 10 push ups, 10 lunges (both legs)… 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, 10 push ups, 10 lunges (both legs)… until 4 minutes is up
- Set B: 10 sealed jacks, 10 power squats & 10 push ups…10 sealed jacks, 10 power squats & 10 push ups…10 sealed jacks, 10 power squats & 10 push ups…until 4 minutes is up
- 10 touch toes, 10 squat jumps and 10 alternate lunges…. 10 touch toes, 10 squat jumps and 10 alternate lunges…. 10 touch toes, 10 squat jumps and 10 alternate lunges….until 4 minutes is up
- 10 mountain climbers, 10 half burpees and 10 ski jumps…10 mountain climbers, 10 half burpees and 10 ski jumps…10 mountain climbers, 10 half burpees and 10 ski jumps…until 4 minutes is up.
Week 4: Alternate the routines from week 1 to week 3..
- Day 1 is week 1a routine, Day 2 is week 1b routine, Day 3 is week 2 routine, Day 4 is week 3 routine and so on.
After a month of doing it, I actually have no idea what to do next but if I would not get an update from Coach Jim, I guess I will have to continue doing the routines, beginning again from week 1 routine and so on. I guess it will be some kind of a cycle every month and will just have to beat my record every time.
Let me give you a little run down of how my week 4 transpired. Based on my record, this is the most routine I can do in each rotuine:
- Week 1 Routine A: 4 rounds + 2 lunges
- Week 1 Routine B: 5 rounds + 5 power jacks
- Week 2 Routine: 5 rounds + 6 squat jumps
- Week 3 Rotuine: 5 rounds
On Week 4 where I have to do it alternately for a week, I made it a point to beat my record:
- Week 1 Routine A: 5 rounds + 10 jumping jacks
- Week 1 Routine B: 6 rounds
- Week 2 Routine: 5 rounds + 6 alternate lunges
- Week 3 Rotuine: 4 rounds + 10 mountain climbers
Hopefully, each week I can do more rounds. I also have to work out on achieving the oxygen debt stage.. which sometimes do not happen. So I really need to be more intense with the routines.
I will post another update after 2 weeks and we’ll see if by the end of second month, I’ll be reunited with line of 2 waistline.. (I lost 5 inches on my waist line by the way).
FYI, from being Large in race singlet, I am now Medium! After a month, let’s see if SMALL will fit me 🙂