I received a call on our land line yesterday looking for my hubby. Apparently, hubby won a free dinner for two on a raffle. The caller said that the raffle entry was filled up by hubby last weekend in Fun Ranch. I have seen him so I really thought that it was for real. The call lasted for more than ten minutes. The caller, which is, Love Perez, by the way, says that we won a dinner for two at Club Astoria in Astoria Hotel in Ortigas. We also won a gift certificate of two days and three nights stay in Bohol or in Bangkok. She also said that we can avail of the free dinner that day at 6 PM or at 8:30 PM and if we are not available we can avail it on the next day (which is today). She ask for my mobile number, which I gave (damn!) and says she will be our coordinator for the said event. It has been mentioned too that after the dinner we need to stay for 90 minutes because we will be toured around the hotel. Then awarding of gift certificate is next.
To tell you the truth, I was convinced that we really won a free dinner for two and was ecstatic to hear that we won a two days 3 nights accommodation in Panglao Island (which I am dreaming more than you dream about Boracay). She was convincing because:
* she talks about the time and date where hubby filled up the raffle and it was true
* she talks about the stub number and so so of the raffle coupon
* she keeps on saying that there is no financial obligation and that we don”t need to bring credit cards (which we don’t have) or cash (which I don’t have)
* upon my inquiry if the kids are allowed, she said yes.. and even assures me that we are going to have a fun family dinner and that I should bring some jackets for the kids (very kind of her)
* she also said that the reason why hubby is picked as a winner is because he is a family man
Now what makes me think twice about it?
* diction and pronunciation baby.. she says engineer with an e not with an i
* and she keeps on saying and assuring me that there is no financial obligation
* we never won a raffle before.. not once..
So I searched on the net about Astoria Raffle and their winners.. well.. read and read and discover Astoria. After reading the entries regarding that I searched for Astoria Hotel and called their international number. I said I am verifying a raffle so and so and they transferred my call to their cafe. The lady who answered was polite enough to say she knows nothing about it and that people organizing the said event was not in the area yet..
How was the free dinner? Nah.. I can’t just brave the Ortigas Avenue traffic for a free dinner which would cost me 90 minutes of my time which can be used to write an article on my blog. oh by the way I told the girl I maintain a blog and that I will be blogging about them, indeed I am.LOL I am not saying this is a SCAM Ok, if you have been chosen as one of the winners go and have some free dinner and share with us your stories..
Actually I was tempted to go for the sake of my blog.. but.. hubby says no.
Astoria Hotel is located in #15 J. Escriva Drive, Ortigas Business District, Pasig City