Giving birth can be the happiest moment for any woman. It gives them a fulfilled feeling of being able to give life to another human being. I know that since I already gave birth to 4 kids. But along with the baby comes one the thing that all woman dislike, stretchmarks. Although not all woman who got pregnant develops stretchmarks but a good 75% to 90% pregnant woman does. Your chance of not having a stretchmarks is as little as 10%. Now before we discuss skin products that can help reduce stretchmarks, let us first take a closer look on how stretchmarks develops.
Stretchmarks are produces by overstretching of the skin. Pregnant woman are the only people who are prone to stretchmarks. Those who gains weight are also at risk to having stretchmarks. This is what happens when our skin elasticity reach its limit. Our skin is made up of layers. The epidermis which is the outermost layer of the skin. It makes our body waterproof and serves as the outer protection of our body. This skin layer has no blood vessels. Next to epidermis is the dermis. This layer is consist of connective tissues and serves as cushion of the body to strain and stress. This layer is connected tightly to epidermis. This is the layer that causes stretchmarks. When the skin stretched too much, the dermis losses it elasticity.Thus, the stretchmarks is produced. As you will notice, the stretchmarks appear to be a hallow indention in our skin. And it is true that you can never get rid of it, what you can do is to prevent it by increasing the elasticity of the dermis.
Hypodermis is another skin layer although, is not actually part of the skin. This is below the dermis and it connects the skin to bone and to muscles.
january saysOctober 26, 2011 at 11:27 am
i had it nun nagsimula akong mag gain ng weight 🙁
january saysOctober 26, 2011 at 11:29 am
and i don’t trust those lotions and creams na sinasabi nila na nakakawala ng stretchmarks