Para sa akin, pinakanakakatakot talaga ang leaked LPG. I do not want to imagine what can happen pag may leak ang LPG kaya talaga naman, all the safety tips I can find, sinasabuhay namin. Good thing, our friends from Solane, sent as a few safety tips. I am posting it here on my blog para naman lahat tayong mga nanay eh safe 🙂
LPG Safety Tips From Solane
- Place the LPG cylinder in a well-ventilated area. Ensure that the area is not susceptible to rises in temperature and is kept away from flammable materials, like curtains and solvents. Avoid storing LPG in the basement. LPG vapor is heavier than air and any leakage will sink to the ground, accumulate, and may be difficult to disperse.
- Secure the LPG cylinder in place. Position the cylinder upright and make sure that it is not at risk of being tipped over or damaged by children, and that the area is not prone to flooding and other natural disasters. If it is on its side, the liquid may escape.
- Check the LPG cylinder for damaged or incorrect parts before using. Ensure that the cylinder has the correct valve, regulator and hose. Do not accept and operate the cylinder without the right and complete parts.
- Observe safety when cooking or replacing cylinders. When cooking, keep your kitchen well-ventilated so that any leaked gas particles will not get trapped and accumulate around the kitchen. Never leave your cooking unattended because your pot or pan could overflow and extinguish the burners, causing gas to leak. When changing the cylinder, do not do it near sources of ignition because the naked flame, including cigarette butts, could ignite any released gas. Never forget to turn off the gas appliance and regulator when not in use.
- Always keep the LPG cylinder in good condition. Check for any leak from time to time by rubbing soapy water on the cylinder for even a tiny leak can make a soap bubble. Clean the valve outlet using plastic plugs. Make sure that no dirt and insects get inside the valve outlet. Also, it is recommended to replace the hose every two years and the regulator every five years.
- Never tamper with your LPG cylinder. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the use and maintenance of your LPG cylinder. If you suspect or find anything wrong, call your gas provider immediately and ask for assistance.
LPG is a versatile yet highly flammable fuel. To keep it safe and useful, always take good care of it and observe proper handling and storage.
With the Hatid Bahay service, Solane LPG provides the exclusive and free 7-point Safety Check to all its home delivery customers nationwide. Performed by Hatid Bahay riders, it involves the inspection of the environment and proper installation of the Solane LPG cylinder after delivery to ensure the safety of customers. For more information or delivery request, visit www.solane.com.ph.or call the Hatid Bahay hotlines at +632 887-5555 or text 0918 887 5555.