So I got an invite to try out Contadina products. A few months back, top food and lifestyle bloggers got an invite for the product launching of Contadina (hindi kasali ang lola nyo, top mommy blogger lang ako ?). But that event was super duper OMG! Contadina flew Nigella Lawson. Yup, the Domestic Goddess Nigella Lawson. So when I got an invite for a Contadina Supermarket Run where we buy our Contadina supplies and cook a dish using those products (I choose Shrimp And Pesto Pasta Recipe), wala ng kyeme. I want to be a domestic goddess too. Feeling ko, just by using Contadina products, medyo ka level ko na si beshie Nigella.
Shrimp And Pesto Pasta Recipe Using Contadina Products
That’s the finish product. Sobrang sarap promise! It’s like eating in an Italian restaurant. But before I give you the recipe, let me just show you what happened during the Contadina Supermarket Run:
Contadina is originally owned by Del Monte Foods Inc., a company based in California, USA, Contadina is only distributed in the United States and Latin America where it is seen as a high-quality, authentic Italian brand. When Del Monte Pacific Limited, Del Monte Philippine’s parent company, bought the US business in 2014, they fell in love with the Contadina brand and decided to bring it to the Philippines whilst extending its portfolio of products.
The Contadina line now consists of an array of Mediterranean cuisine essentials:
- Olive Oils (Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pure Olive Oil) Made from the fine olives grown in Andalucia, Spain. The aroma is very distinct; one can really smell the notes of freshly-cut greens and fruits. The taste of olives is very pleasant and enhances the flavour of any recipe without overpowering the other ingredients.
- Pasta (Spaghetti, Linguini, Penne) Made from 100% Canadian Durum Wheat Semolina known for its fine texture and ability to create firm pasta with the right bounciness and golden, creamy color.
- Pasta Sauces (Formaggio, Napoletana, Arrabbiata, Aglio Arrostito, Pesto Alla Genovese) From Italy, very fresh and flavourful, like they were bottled yesterday use authentic Grana Padano cheese and fresh Italian herbs.
- Canned Tomatoes (Diced Tomatoes, Crushed Tomatoes, Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs, Stewed Tomatoes Italian Recipe) From California, known for producing Roma Tomatoes with juicy and meaty flesh. The cuts, particularly for the Diced and Stewed variants, are very clean and the shape is preserved even after cooking.
Get to know more about Contadina and their products by visiting Contadina Philippines Facebook Page.
Here are the Contadina products I used for my recipe:
- Contadina Pesto Alla Genovese Sauce
- Contadina Pure Olive Oil
- Contadina Spaghetti
- 1 bottle Contadina Pesto Sauce
- 1/4 kilo peeled shrimp (best to buy frozen ones from the supermarket)
- Contadina Spaghetti*
- Kesong Puti
- Contadina Pure Olive Oil
Cook the pasta as instructed and yes, it takes only 7 minutes. While cooking the pasta, get ready with the sauce.
In a pan, put 2 tablespoon Olive Oil, then put shrimp. Add the Pesto sauce once shrimp is cooked.
Cook for 2-3 minutes and transfer the pasta when it’s done.
Add keson puti on top and you’re in pasta heaven!
This recipe is super simple and easy to do. Perfect pasta dish when you’re alone, needs a quick pasta dish or when your friends suddenly visits.