A few days ago, I had my first ever radio guesting! And not just on radio but DZMM’s teleradyo. I had the chance to share some Back-To-School Tipid Tips on DZMM’s SAKTO show.
DZMM Sakto is a magazine talk show hosted by Amy Perez and Marc Logan. The show talks about latest topics and hottest issues, family matters, and interesting human stories. Family matters like tipid tips and because malapit na mag back-to-school, SAKTO featured me for some back-to-school tips.
Thank you for my TBDM Mommy Club for this photo! The best talaga ang mommy group na ito!
Here’s a video of my guesting from DZMM Youtube Channel:
Bitin yung video eh, may pabati portion pa yan for my kids. And I also mentioned a few more tips. I can’t remember though kung ilan nabanggit ko. Let’s close the number to 10 para mas sakto.
10 Back-To-School Tipid Tips From A Mom of 4 Students:
- Make a list of the things you need to buy. I always start my tips with a list. Make a list. It’s the most crucial part of planning. Ask your school for the list of items that your kids need. Also take into consideration other stuff aside from school supplies. Bag? Shoes?
- You don’t have to buy it all. Recycle! Check your kids’ notebooks, meron pa ba? pagsasamahin mo yung walang sulat and use their diary or journal. Pwede rin “drawing notebook” o kaya naman “scratch notebook”. Even with bags, uniforms, shoes, and socks, you don’t have to buy new sets every year.
- Uniform tipid tip. I always buy a size higher/ bigger or longer for my kids. Nilulupi ko na lang muna and then next year pag tumangkad na sila, tatastasin na lang. Also, from my experience, it is best to buy uniform for the whole week.
- School shoes tipid tip. Buy a brand that would last at least for a year. Always ask your mommy friends which brands ang tested na nila. Also look for the soles, dapat nakatahi yan at hindi nakadikit lang. Don’t indulge too much naman, 1000-1500 Pesos is good enough. After a year naman lalaki din ang paa.
- School socks tipid tip. Buy a brand with quality din. Stretchable ang socks, so pang matagalan talaga sya, siguro it can last up to 3 school year. Buy 6 pairs at least. Better if same color para mas tipid sa paglalaba.
- School Bags tipid tip. When it comes to knowing what school bag to buy, you have to trust me. I already bought a few to know which one can last long enough. A usual budget for a school trolley bag is 3000-4000 PhP. It’s not a small amount but it’s worth it. Trolley bags at this amount can last for more than 5 years.
- Buy in bulk. Buy in boxes too. Buy bond papers in ream. Buy pencils in boxes. Buy permanent marker in boxes. Even ball pens, buy in boxes too. This also applies in pad papers. Based on expereince, these 5 school supplies are the hottest, aka, laging nawawala!
- Buy twistable crayons. Notices how I did not include crayons on the “hottest” list? Mommy Levy mentioned that twistable crayons is better dahil hindi madali maputol. Hindi rin walain kase medyo malaki sya. Mas mahal nga lang but in the long run, mas sulit na din.
- Use self adhesive plastic cover for books. This is the best invention ever! Last year, I discovered this magic and I am never gonna use other kinds of plastic cover again. The self adhesive plastic cover makes it easier to cover books, less time pa!
- Buy in one-stop-shop for all school related merchandise. Ito ang pinaka effective na tipid tip sa lahat. Kung bibili ka din naman ng sapatos, bag at school supplies, look for a mall/shop that offers it all, like SM Stationery. Makakatipid kase isang labasan na lang, isang lakaran na lang. Makakatipid ka na sa oras, makakatipid ka pa sa pamasahe/ pang gas at pati na rin sa pagkain.
And if you are going to buy school supplies in bulk, here’s a smart move that I am going to share with you.. this year ko pa lang ito gagawin eh. Pay for the school supplies in retail! So kung kailangan ng pad paper, bayaran mo in retail price yung kukunin mo sa stock mo. O di ba, naibalik mo na yung pinambili mo, tumubo ka pa which you can use pandagdag sa school supplies nila next year.