Remember my #KusinaTips #PambansangChicken post on my Facebook Page? We usually buy 3 to 5 kilos of Magnolia chicken per payday. We consume about 3/4 per day. And if it is hot wings, siguro mga dalawang kilo.
But the chicken from the photo above came from Magnolia and not from my grocery 🙂 Mag post daw ako ng chicken post.. which is a bit challenging considering na ang dali naman iluto ng chicken. And also, I want to give you something that’s never heard pa or yung tipong dito mo lang mababasa sa Mommy Pehpot blog.
I can’t give you just chicken recipes, so here’s what I am going to share with you, 5 other chicken dishes that you can cook using Chicken Adobong Puti. It’s called as such because it is cooked like adobo but without the soy sauce. This kind of adobo is best for kids suffering from g6pd deficiency. And this is how it is prepared:
- 2.5 kilos #pambansangchicken chopped*
- 1 whole garlic (crushed)
- 1 cup vinegar
- freshly ground black peppers (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 cup water
- salt (about a teaspoon)
- 3-4 dried laurel leaves
*I usually buy 2 kilos breast part and half kilo chicken legs bec chicken legs is soo good as adobo!
Cook the chicken together with the garlic, vinegar, salt, and black pepper. DO NOT STIR. Tandaan nyo yan mga bes, wag na wag mo hahaluhiin ang suka kase mahihilaw.
Add water pag medyo natutuyuan na sya. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes more, adding water if necessary.
Chicken Recipe #1: Adobo
Eh san pa ba tayo mag uumpisa kung hindi sa adobo? Get the chicken legs from your pre cooked chicken.
- Heat oil the put garlic. #KusinaTips: Use dried minced garlic. It saves time in preparation, saves cooking time, you’ll never run out of garlic and sometimes it is even cheaper.
- Put chicken and 1/2 cup of toyo.
- Cover let it simmer until all toyo dries up.
Chicken Recipe #2: Chicken Curry
My kids love this dish. This is one their taob ang kaldero ng kanin ulam. It must the gata that makes this ulam really tasty.
Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Saute garlic, onion and patis.
- Add pre cooked chicken + curry powder (about a tablespoon for half a kilo chicken) then mix thoroughly.
- Add sliced bell pepper, fried potato and 1/2 cup water and let it simmer for about a minute
- Add 1/2 cup gata (DO NOT STIR) and cook in high heat until gata is boiling.
- Let it simmer in low heat for about 30 minutes then add green peas. Cook for another 5 or 10 minutes.
Chicken Recipe #3: Fried Chicken
You can do friend chicken straight from the supermarket, specially if you’re buying Magnolia Chicken because it is guaranteed fresh. For our 3 queens- Pia, Margie and Gloria – walang kapalit ang sarap at freshness ng Pambansang Manok.
For flour breading, our measurement guide is 1 cup of flour + 1 tsp salt + 1 tsp ground black pepper. Optional to add 1 tsp garlic powder or cayenne powder for extra kick.
Deep fry the chicken for about 5 minutes and you’re done.
Chicken Recipe #4: Pininyahang Manok
Eto pa ang isang pang tamad na recipe. Sobrang dali lang lutuin nito at ang sarap nya.
- Mag gisa ng garlic, onion at kaunting patis.
- Ilagay ang manok at sabaw ng pineapple chunks (yung maliit lang na lata ha).
- Pag kulo ng sabaw, add pineapple chunks then let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add green pees and sliced siling berde. Kaunting halo, lutin ng 3-5 minutes and done.
Chicken Recipe #5: Chicken Afritada
Sa limang chicken recipe dito sa post ko, ito ang pinaka challenging sa akin. Medyo hirap ako isakto ang alat at asim ng afritada eh. I have learned that the best way to get that tamand asim is to use kamatis and cook it well. And the secret to cooking kamatis well is using asin instead of patis.
Chicken Afritada Recipe:
- Saute garlic, onion, tomato (4-5 pcs) then add salt.
- Pag lutong luto na ang kamatis, add chicken and bell pepper.
- I prito mo na ang carrots at patatas habang nag gigisa ka then add it dun sa chicken.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, let it boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Madali lang siya no? Actually madali lang lahat lutuin at mabilis lang kase nga pre cooked na ang chicken.
And that’s the secret to quick meal cooking. Perfect sya na pang baon ng kids for lunch, tapos hindi ka pa haggarda sa pagluluto dahil nga mabilis lang sya lutuin.
Leave a Reply