I have been hearing slime for years now but it was only this year that I finally gave in. For one, akala ko kase hindi sya kid friendly, I just can’t imagine my kids using detergent as part of their play. Also, borax is hard to find.. eh you dont need those pala. There are slime recipes that does not need borax and detergent. And you can even add ingredients to make your slime look better (and feel better too!) That’s what we learned from Elmer’s Grand Slime Time Fair 2018! We learned how to make a crunchy slime!
Other participants learned how to make galaxy slime, glow in the dark slime, rainbow slime, frosty slime, unicorn slime, jelly slime, and even sand slime. We also got the chance to see Elmer’s glue products that are perfect for every slime recipes. Watch our VLOG below:
VLOG: Elmer’s Grand Slime Time Fair 2018
The Elmer’s Grand Slime Time Fair 2018 was held at Eastwood Mall last December 1 and 2. The workshop is FREE and the participants only need to buy their ingredients, in our case, we just bought some glue to make a crunchy slime. The crunch was provided, may nag a assist din sa younger kids. Marius really had fun making his own slime 🙂
During the event, audition for Elmer’s Slime Squad was also held. Kids made their own slime and expert videographers from Elmer’s shoot their video. A copy was given to the parents so they can upload to Elmer’s Slime Squad website.
How to join Elmer’s Slime Squad
- Make a video creating your slime using any Elmer’s Glue products:
- Elmer’s Glue All (130g bottle and up)
- Elmer’s Glitter Glue Gel (177mL any color)
- Elmer’s Clear Glue (5oz)
- Elmer’s School Glue (118mL)
- Video should not be more than 5 minutes and not more than 50 MB.
- Upload your entry to www.elmerslimesquad.com
Elmer’s Slime Squad contest is Open to kids ages 6 to 12 years old. For the complete rules, pakibasa mabuti ito mga momshies: Elmers Slime Squad Contest Rules
Grand prize is 100,000 Pesos!!!
Basic Slime Recipe
Before you can make any of those slimes mentioned and plan to join the Slime Squad contest, you need to know the basic slime recipe. The ingredients are Elmer’s Glue, baking soda, lotion, shaving cream, and contact lens solution. Here’s the step by step guide:
- Pour all content of Elmer’s glue in a mixing bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon baking soda, then mix
- Add 1/2 tablespoon lotion (or 1 pump if you’re using a lotion with pump) then mix
- Add shaving cream, 1 tablespoon (or big one pump), then mix
- Add the activator which is the contact lens solution. Add 1 tables spoon at a time. Add more to reach a thick consistency.
- Get the slime and start kneading.. squeeze, shape, mold, and repeat.
That last part is super fun. Nakakawala sya ng stress promise!
And if you want a colorful slime, you don’t need to add colors, just use Elmer’s Washable Color Glue. If you want a slime with glitters, just use Elmer’s Classic Glitter Glue. But my most favorite part is Elmer’s Glow in the dark glue. You can never go wrong with Glow in the darks.
All this Elmer’s Glue products are available at National Bookstore. Other Elmer’s products that you can buy at National Bookstore are Elmer’s Slime Starter Kit, Elmer’s Frosty Slime Kit, and Slime Time accessories.
Watch out for the next Grand Slime Time Fair event, follow Elmer’s Glue Facebook Page for updates.