Coming home from a long day and all you want to do as soon as you got home is cuddle your partner or your baby. All you can think of is how your child’s embrace can take all your tiredness away. And for sure your kid feels the same. But before those excitement, please wash your hands as soon as you got home. The Effective Hand-washing Technique to protect your family from bacteria and virus is to wash your hands at least 20 seconds. You can sing Happy Birthday twice and that is enough time to tackle those germs and viruses.
What is it important to wash your hands?
When you are outside, it is your hands that are most exposed to germs and bacteria. You handle money that comes from other people. You touch doorknobs, door handles, faucets, flush which is considered as one of the dirtiest. If you can see your hands through a microscope, you would be surprised as to how much germs are there.
- When you come home from the outside.
- Before and after preparing food.
- After using the bathroom.
- After meeting a person, specially if you shook hands.
- After holding money.
Effective Hand-washing Technique
To make sure that most germs and bacteria in your hands will be tackled, an effective hand-washing technique should be followed strictly.
- Wash your hands using soap and water. Water your hands and put soap on it.
- Rub your hands for 20 seconds, making sure that all part of your hands are soaped including the nails. If you have nail brush, brush the underneath of the nails.
- Soap the faucet handle too.
- Rinse the faucet handle then your hands with running water.
- Dry your hands with a tissue or air dry.
You can use some songs as your 20 seconds timer, like singing the Happy Birthday song twice. Or you can also try singing your child’s favorite song 🙂
Now you know how to wash your hands properly and it will only take 30-40 seconds (20 seconds dedicated to soaping and scrubbing the hands), please make this a part of your life to prevent your family from getting sick. It will also prevent the spread of any virus that comes contact with your hands.
Aside from washing our hands, other ways to keep our family safe from virus and be healthy is to encourage them to drink water. Here are effective ways to encourage your family, specially kids to drink more water.